The Village Hall was built in 1871 and was the village school until its closure in 1961. It fell into some disrepair, when in 1969, the Hall and the land on which it is built was gifted to the village for use as a community facility. One small part of the Hall was owned at that time by the local Church of England and this was purchased from the Church. The Hall and the land on which it is built are held in trust for the village, with the Parish Council as the holding trustee. The day to day running is the responsibility of the Village Hall Management Committee.